Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Half Way

Well it seems to me like I have been way too busy and have become terrible at contact. So I'll try and update you on what I've been up to over the past couple of weeks.
Matty (a guy from Ireland) has come to Malawi for six weeks to work with me and doing some schooling requirements as well and I am enjoying having a partner in crime.
I have gone up to Lilongwe and area (for those of you that don't know that is the capital city) to do a Sunday School Training trip with some Malawians. We went around and taught pastors, elders and church members how to teach Sunday Schools. Now you might be thinking like I was, What on earth do I have to teach a Pastor?! But thankfully God has shown me that I do have soemthing to offer and has actually taught me an incredible amount in the process even though most of it was in Chichewa.
After that trip I went to Salima (a village) to visit some friends and see their ministries. While I was up there it was one of the girl's birthday, so poor me I had to go to Lake Malawi again. haha It was actually a really nice time. Then I came back to Blantyre.
Once I got back I was feeling quite exhausted from the trip and the devil took this opportunity to try and knock me down by playing up my homesickness and attacking me spiritually. It was quite hard, but I'm out of it now thankfully and better for it!
On Sunday I hit the half way mark! Can you believe it?! I definitely cannot. I feel as if I just got here! And yet i miss home quite a bit as well.
Today I had the opportunity to go visit EMCoM (a Malawian Bible College) and sit in on three classes (1 English, 1 half English half Chichewa, and 1 Chichewa). I really really enjoyed it and wish that I could just go to school here! I learned so much!
The weather here has been quite miserable which is really sad. Matty says that it reminds him of home (Ireland) which means that we have had cold weather, fog and rain. Not too pleasant. I have been sitting wrapped in a blanket drinking hot chocolate and french vanilla in the evenings trying to convince myself that I really am in Africa and not Ireland! I'm now preparing for almost 2 months of straight normal work. How boring! But I know that God is going to teach me a lot and that it will probably be good for me to have some stability in my life. Thanks again for all your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment