Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Month of June...

Well May has come and gone and June is here. The month that I have been dreading because it is when all the goodbyes start. Tomorrow two people that I have gotten very close to (Bob and Connie) and their son (Seth) are returning to the States and they are starting off the goodbyes. Then on Saturday two more of my friends go (one being Matty). I am really not looking forward to this, but I know that God will strengthen me and give me things to look forward to... like a possible Safari!
May was kinda a hectic month, but God taught me a lot about giving and again more about relying on Him. My contact with people has been quite bad recently because of this desire to stop always depending on people and learn how to depend on God. However, it is always a slow process.
I have also made some great attempts at using my Chichewa this month. I have become quite proficient at teaching Chichewa songs, and I am starting to teach memory verses in Chichewa and a little of my lessons. Because of this I have two verses memorized in Chichewa and I have read the story of the good Samartian in Chichewa far too many times (in order to figure out how to say the words properly). I have really been working hard at my language studies and Matty has helped to push me forward by working hard at his as well.
I will miss Matty a lot and because Joseph has been a little bit difficult lately, I will be focusing more on other ministries (Cure, doing another village experience and going with the Sunday school training team again). I am really looking forward to my new schedule and I think the variety will help me with Matty leaving. I have a feeling that this month is going to go by fast and I still cannot believe that I only have 2 1/2 months left in Africa. However, I know that when my time does come to an end I will be overjoyed to see family and friends. Nevertheless, I feel like I have finally found my own home and I will be very sad to leave. But I won't worry about that for another little while!

2 comments:

  1. Good to read your update again. So proud of you--hang in there! Praying for you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling us of your experiences. The fun, and the tough!. Those people are so lucky to have your cheerfulness for a few months! Much joy to you as you grow in faith and all kinds of knowledge!

    ReplyDelete