Sunday, June 27, 2010

Time is flying by!

Well I have officially travelled Malawi and I am now able to say that I have travelled all over Malawi!
I went down to Sorgin once again to live with Abusa and Mayi Abusa for another five days. I really enjoyed living with them and this time I was able to go with Mayi Abusa to do her ministry and I really enjoyed it! I was able to lead a ladies Bible study as well as pray for a couple of different families with different problems that I was able to go and show compassion and love. One family had a 13 year old girl that was quite handicapped for 10 years. They don't know why and it has been a huge strain on the family so I was able to pray for her, for what God's plan was, for the family and that if it was His will that God would heal her. I was also able to go and pray for a family. They were an older couple who had lost 2 sons and had therefore become parents again because they had to take in their grandchildren. This is very common in Malawi and quite sad. I also know of quite a few people who have taken in neices and nephews as well.
One of the exciting things that I was able to do while I was there was name a little girl. The last time I was in Sorgin a lady was pregnant and when I found out that she had had her baby I went to visit them. Through a series of events I was asked to name the baby. What a challenge! However, after some great discussion with Mayi Abusa I came up with three names and she picked one, Kathy-joy. After my mother. I think that it is so cool that I was able to name a baby after mom! During the naming process I was able to give a gift, and pray for her and her family! It was definitely a cool cultural experience.
After my week with Abusa and his family I was able to go for four days with the Sunday School Training team again which was really good. I really love spending time with them and I have created such good frienships with these Malawians and it was so nice to be able to spend time with them and we watched a lot of World Cup games together! haha definitely a good time! However, I realized that I would not like to have their job because I do not like having to live in a new place each night. After four days I was ready to go home and sleep in my own bed!
I was also able to go to a Malawian organized worship night (all night) and I really enjoyed it! We worship first in English, then 1/2 and 1/2 and ended the night/morning singing all in Chichewa! I really love it and made quite a few more Malwian friends! What a blessing!
Now I have four weeks of normalcy before I go to SLC (Spiritual Life Conference). It is organized by SIM Malawi for all the SIM Malawi missionaries. After that I have two weeks and then I am home! Wow how time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment