Friday, July 2, 2010

Give Me Money

Many times throughout my time here in Malawi I have been begged from. Sometimes politle by little children or older people saying, "Thandizeni, Mama, Thandizeni." Which mean Help me please. This has been very very hard for me but since I live in the area and we are encouraged not to help children stay on the streets usually I do not help them. Sometimes I give them some food or something.
Other times children use a phrase that for some reason almost all of them have learned even if they don't speak English and it is, "Give me money." This is said extremely rudely and I really don't like it. Even children that I have created relationships with will sometimes say it which hurts me. However, I hadn't heard it for a while until this morning.
As I was walking into town I had been greeted so nicely by the ladies on the way to town and then I passed by two elderly ladies and I greeted them and they smiled and thanked me continually. It was so sweet. At that point I was thanking God saying thanks for a great start to my day, when a guy (probably 18) came up to me and said, "Give me money." Very rudely. I was extremely shocked that in the same country that I was just praising God for how nice the people were my joy was shot down. It was really hard to not let it affect my mood, but I tried to concentrate on the good things that had happened this morning.
How do I deal with people that say things like that to me? I have been her over 4 months and I am still looking for a response!
How do I not allow it to affect my mood? Yes I know that it is just satan trying to get my down because God had blessed me and I was thanking him for it, but it still affects me.
God please help me to bring joy into other people's lives and not allow satan's attempts to affect me. Please use me for the six weeks that I have left however you want. Thank-you for this opportunity. Zikomo kwambiri!

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlyn
    YOu have done something that most people would not even dream about. Going to another country to share the word of God. Try to remeber that when others push you away that you need to stay strong. I wonder what would happen if you replied "may GOd bless you as you seek his will." I wonder if it wouls shock the person into finding out more about the one who sent you. I know that GOd will uphold and stengthen you. We are praying that your work continues and that many lives will be blessed by the work that you are doing. Keep the faith and remember that Satan will try to lead you astray but "All thing are possible through Christ who gives you strength."

    ReplyDelete