Thursday, July 15, 2010

Running Crazy

Well Liz has officially left and is on her way to England so I am by myself for the next two weeks until SLC and then just after she comes back (SLC is our Spiritual Life Conference in which all the SIM Malawi Missionaries get together and spend time together). So far the month of June has been a little strange. I have been in Blantyre and most just working at Cure Hospital since Joseph is MIA. I have also had great opporunity to work on my Ethnography which I thank Gor for. On Monday I went to Running club with Liz and Ryan and after the run I made a comment that I will forever regret... "I fancy running Chilomoni Ring Road sometime." Now for those of you who don't know, Chilomoni Rind Road is a road that goes right around my house and has quite a few hills which makes running difficult. It is about 5km long. I have been avoiding it since I have been running, and for good reason too! However, after I made that comment Liz told Ryan and I ended up getting up the next morning (Tuesday) at 5:30 to do this run. During parts of it I thought that I was going to die, but after finishing I felt so proud of myself and that I really accomplished something. However, Yesterday I did almost nothing, just computer and book work in the house so I was feeling quite lazy today even after walking the hour back from Cure so I made the mistake of asking Ryan if he wanted to go for a run tomorrow. So it looks like I will be running again tomorrow morning. Another early morning... before I left Canada I never thought that I would be getting up early, not mention for running. I really am going crazy!
On other notes I have one week (next week) left of ministry and then I have SLC, a week of babysitting some MK's and then a closing week. Can't believe it will be so soon that I get to see you all. Wow!

1 comment:

  1. Well won't Aunt Susan be glad to have a running mate! Amazing things happen half a world away! L arrives back in Haiti today till end of month.

    ReplyDelete